LoginLost your password?
To avail of Member’s Only services, you must be a FULL MEMBER. As a Full Member, you must have completed any of the basic PMMSN workshops on Marine Mammal Stranding Response or Medical Management of Stranded Marine Mammals and are deemed as certified RESPONDERS.
If you are not yet a Full Member and would like to be one, please review our Full Membership Guidelines and get in touch with us about attending one of our workshops and joining one of our chapters.
Full Membership Guidelines
- Must have completed any of the basic PMMSN workshops on Marine Mammal Stranding Response or Medical Management of Stranded Marine Mammals and are deemed as certified RESPONDERS.
- Initial membership of Php 500.00 includes the following:
- Two (2) year membership. Annual validity is from January to December (calendar year). Applications made between October to December will receive full membership for the next calendar year.
- One (1) PMMSN T-shirt
- Member ID
- Access to Member’s section in the PMMSN website (to be developed)
- Automatic access to the Facebook closed group of the PMMSN
- Invitations to workshops, symposiums or conferences
- Discounts and benefits at partner institutions
- Free entrance to Ocean Adventure and Camayan Beach Resort & Hotel for each cardholder; and 10% discount on food, beverage and merchandise, valid during the membership period only. Member ID must be presented to avail of discounts and benefits. Non-transferrable.
- Others to be determined. Members will be updated on their benefits.
- To qualify for RENEWAL of membership:
- The PMMSN chapter to which the member is a part of must give the approval for renewal, which will be based on the member’s active status and performance.
- Payment of an annual renewal membership fee of Php 250.00, which includes a new ID.
- Members must agree to the objectives of the PMMSN and uphold its principles of best practice, otherwise the PMMSN Membership Committee holds the right to REVOKE his/her membership.
- Revocation of membership will also be applied if member is found to be in violations of law, esp. RA 8485, RA 10631, RA 8550 and RA 9147.
Categories of Responders
- Basic Responder
- Must have completed the PMMSN Marine Mammal Stranding Response Workshop, including proficiency exam, and considered Certified First Responders, or
- Must have completed the PMMSN Medical Management of Stranded Marine Mammals Workshop, including proficiency exam (same as Stranding Response exam), as a qualified veterinarian or medical doctor
- In the event of failure in the proficiency exam (<70%), the applicant must re-take the exam after a minimum of 1 week (online submission). Applicant may choose not to re-take the exam and will be considered an Affiliate member only.
- Advance Responder (under development)